Thursday, April 2, 2015

Emotional Sweet Tooth

Ever heard the phrase "Women are moved by what they hear"?
This shouldn't be the case because men are "natural liars" when it comes to wooing women. The things I have told women in my life...chai! may God forgive me.
I once told a Born Again Christian lady that I wanted to date back in my University days, that the Bible verse "do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" wasn't talking about marriage...I presented the case so good, even used references from the Bible just to get her to go out with me. By the time I was through, I had succeeded in confusing her.
If you have a sweet tooth, it's natural to like chocolate/ice cream/candy and wanna indulge, but common sense should tell you where to draw the line. It may be good for your tooth but ultimately it's bad for your health. The same thing with sweet words... learn to draw a line between compliments and flattery. Proverbs 29:5 says "A man who flatters his neighbor spreads a net for his feet" in this context, her feet. 
A guy should not catch your attention ONLY by the things he says... sieve his words, guard your heart, even if you will eventually "fall", let it be that he appealed to your spirit before your heart. Looks can be deceitful, words are worse... weigh his words, test his words, dissect his words, watch out for hidden meanings. Things like "when I'm with you, I can't control myself", "You are so beautiful, you turn me on" are laced with bombs.
Don't just be moved by what you hear, be wise... You will not "shi-marry" in Jesus' name




1 comment:

Chinomso said...

"things I have told women in my life...chai" LOL