Saturday, April 25, 2015

Good To Go?

The first time I invited my girlfriend (now wife) to come with me to my folks place for Christmas, she insisted that I needed to tell her folks and whatever they said, she would do. 
I agreed, talked to them and they granted the request...after I had explained exactly what we would be doing in 'Ibadan' and how long we would be there for.
She scored major points with me that day...the fact that I couldn't just whisk her away like someone without oversight.
Dear young lady,
Put VALUE on yourself...don't let any man see you as a sure "good to go". 

The word value is defined as "the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something".

It's your life, but one of the ways a man values you is when he knows he is accountable to someone for the time you are with him. Don't sell yourself cheap, don't shortchange yourself. If it truly has value, it shouldn't be easy to get.
A guy gives you a 3-minute notice for an 'Abuja' trip and you jump at it...running helter skelter to pack? Whatever you see there, don't blame the guy...he got it cheap and usually, people don't care much for cheap products. 

Guys, look before you leap. You will not "Shi-marry" in Jesus' name

Proverbs 8:11 says "For wisdom is better than jewels; And all desirable things cannot compare with her"



(c) Picture credit scorenashvile.org

No comments: