Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Temptation Alley (Part 3)

She totally bought it and we decided right there and then never to let her brother know. The crazy thing about that approach was that I would be absorbed of the commitment of dating but would be friends with the girl while enjoying the benefits. The case was the same with Dammy, we were not dating but we were fooling around. I would cut classes so I could come back to our room to see her, while her brother was holding the fort for me in class. It wasn’t long before someone in the house informed her brother.

My friend set a trap and it caught me…I had left school as usual, told him I had to see a girl and he said it was okay. He promised to help me take care of any attendance issues in class. Not quite long after I got home and got busy, someone kicked the door open and it was my friend. I believe it was the combination of rage and betrayal that made him jump at me and god! He gave me a beating of my life. I couldn’t even raise my hands to defend myself.

Dammy scampered away as she managed to get her clothes back on. That was the end of our friendship, I apologized but he wasn’t even interested. He said he never thought I would do that to him and had thought I would never put my insatiable lustful appetite above our friendship. I had to move out of the room and find another place to live. My parents wondered what caused a rift between the two of us but I could not tell them. My immediate elder sister took a guess and was spot on, although I denied it. She said it had to be a girl and my friend was definitely the victim.

This event made me change a little bit…I had to reset my priorities and set boundaries. I’m not sure what my friend told his sister but Dammy stopped greeting me and didn’t want anything to do with me…my guess would be that he told her the kind of person I was and Dammy realized that she was conned. 
It was hard seeing my betrayed friend in class every day as we were no longer on speaking terms. I stopped trying to greet him after he threatened to punch me in the face if I ever spoke to him again. Word had gone round and most of our course mates chose to be on my friend’s side. I stayed off girls for a while (not completely as I didn’t even know how to do that) and concentrated on my studies…after all, we had less than a year to go.
I graduated and was posted to Oyo State for National Youth Service Corps…I so much wanted to be in Port Harcourt because I was hoping to end up in an Oil and Gas company. I decided to go nonetheless, but do everything to get redeployed to the state of my choice. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be as every resentment I thought I had, vanished the moment I got to camp and saw the girls. It was like a buffet and I had been starving.
It wasn’t long before I completely forgot the promise I had made to myself after my experience with Dammy and her brother. I was back to my old self…preying on the presumed credulity of the female corps members. In the first week of camp, I already counted 4…I felt alive, I was back and smoking. I was using everything a girl would consider ‘cute and charming’ to my advantage. I ended up not getting the redeployment I wanted because the girl that promised to help me (her uncle had a high post with NYSC) wanted more than I was offering so she backed out.
I ended up getting posted to a Secondary School in Ibadan…an all-girl school

PART 2                                                                                       PART 4
Picture Credit (c) nairaland.com
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental

© 2015 Lanre Olagbaju All Rights Reserved 

No comments: