Friday, August 21, 2015

Temptation Alley (Part 1)

My name is Mike and I am about to tell you a story of how I messed up my hitherto beautiful marriage because I could not resist the urge to dig in, one last time, my ‘immoral indulgence’. How a short stop at Temptation Alley got me where I am today.
If I could turn back the hands of time, I would make better choices and would chose fidelity. 
I would handle my marriage with the reverence and honor it deserved and would show my wife…well, ex-wife what she really meant and still means to me.
 
I have known Irene practically all my life. We grew up in the same neighborhood and attended the same Primary (Elementary) and Secondary (High) Schools; although I was a couple years ahead of her.
She used to come to our house to play…she’s about the same age as one of my younger sisters and they were good friends. I will get back to Irene but let me share the tell you a little about my background first.

I am the only male child in my family with two elder/older and 2 younger sisters.
I am sure I didn’t really start playing with boys my age until I was in secondary school.

I liked the tea parties, the hopscotch, playing dress up and the girlie games…I must have played with a doll at some point. My friends always say that I am so in touch with my feminine side. The beauty was evenly distributed in my family so I am like the male version of my beautiful sisters. I have the body, the looks and I am a fashionista par excellence.

Somehow, growing up in an all-girl, one boy environment had its perks…I learned the art of "what a woman really wants to hear" from my sisters and this made me quite the lady’s man.
I also learned how to really listen to a woman…this endeared me to a lot of girls and gave me the reputation of a player.
Even girls that were older than me wanted to be with me. I had my first girlfriend at age 13 and two girls fought over me when I was 14 years old. I felt like a king. Boys wanted to be me…boys in my school would ask me for tips and how to woo girls. My name was popular in other schools around us; most of them did not know me in person but had heard about me.

There was no "girl talk" I couldn’t or still can’t participate in? Fashion, Make overs, relationships (from a woman’s perspective), chick flicks, crushes…name it, I’m your man.
I can say confidently that I am better at applying makeups than most girls…I fix hair and can braid beautifully and effortlessly.
I remember a girl that I met at a Literary and Debating Society event back then…she asked if I was truly Michael Babs, I said yes; she said she had expected more, going by the things she had heard about me. I believe my response was something like “the taste of the pudding is in the eating”…even I was shocked that she still ‘let me’ after pretending not be impressed.

All these things formed my perception of women…I saw them as gullible and exploitable. My motto was “Tell her what she wants to hear and she’ll give you what you want from her”.
As at the time I was 17, I was already a notorious heart breaker…jumping from one girl to the other. My reputation preceded me but did not stop the girls from flocking to me like moths to flames.
I dated many of my sister’s friends and ruined their friendships. They would warn their friends to stay clear of me but to their friends, I was like the forbidden fruit - desired all the more because it is not allowed. I dated cousins and I even dated sisters (The younger one knew I had dated her big sister but like she put it, she just couldn’t resist my charms)... 


                                                                                                      PART 2


Picture Credit (c)globezhair.com
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental



© 2015 Lanre Olagbaju All Rights Reserved  

No comments: