Friday, May 29, 2015

Dude, You Are Responsible For Your Own Fidelity

The word fidelity means faithfulness to a person, cause, or belief, demonstrated by continuing loyalty and support.

It makes absolutely no sense the way society and even our very own cultures have put the responsibility of faithfulness in marriage solely on the wives. My wife and I continually see article after article and post after post on how wives should give their husbands more sex so that their husbands will not go elsewhere seeking it. Does anybody realize what these articles and posts are perpetuating?

Basically what's being said is men have absolutely no self control and cannot be faithful to one woman for life UNLESS the wife gives him sex whenever he wants it. In other words, in order for men to be faithful in marriage, the wives have to be their "sexual savior" so that faithfulness can abound in covenant. Does anybody see a problem with this?

This means men's faithfulness depends on what their wives do or do not do. If the wife isn't in the mood for sex, the husband has the "extra-marital" right to commit "rightful" adultery. SMH! As oxymoronic as it is, this is how faithfulness in marriage is viewed by MANY today. And what's worse is, if a man does commit adultery, the first questions many ask the wife are, "What did YOU do to drive him into the arms of another woman" and "Were you giving him enough sex"? Preposterous!

Well as a husband, I take full responsibility for my fidelity. Whether my wife gives me what I feel is enough sex or not, I will not step outside of my marriage so help me God! I have the fruit of the spirit and one of the fruit I possess is the fruit of self control.

As we've shared in the past, there are times we've had to abstain for what to me are long periods of time after child birth because of my wife's recovery time. It's definitely not easy to abstain during those times especially since we have a healthy sex life otherwise, but I am able to do so because I love my wife and I have self control as Christ helps me in keeping myself until my wife is ready again. My point is very simple.
Husbands, let's not depend on our wives to keep our fidelity in check. Let's depend on the fruit of self control in us and the one who gave us the ability to be faithful to one woman for life: The Most High! Do not fall for the lie society has given us in justifying infidelity. Be Truly Faithful to your wives regardless of what societal or cultural norms say. It's time out for directly putting the blame on wives for any husbands' poor choices in infidelities and the lack of self control he's operated in. Though it's true our wives should not deprive us sexually, we have absolutely no excuse in committing adultery, justifying it and then joining society in blaming our wives for our unfaithfulness. And if we ever do commit adultery, we should at least be man enough to take responsibility for our actions without pointing fingers at our wives. Let's Man Up and Be Truly Faithful to our wives and let us not fail in fidelity even if society expects us to and will excuse us for doing so! ~ PAV‪#BeTrulyFaithful

 
I saw this post and decided to share it...originally written by PAV for Truly Faithful

No comments: