Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Congruence XIX

I started to feel panicky and breathless…I could see Captain running helter-skelter, he was so confused.

The next time I opened my eyes, I was on a hospital bed with all sorts of things passed through my body. I tried to get up but felt light-headed. There was a nurse standing on my right hand side, I could hear her calling for a doctor.
When I finally came round, I realized Deola was in the room as well…she said Captain called her. I asked where he was but was told he had left not too long ago but promised to be back shortly.

I kept asking the doctor when I could leave. It was Saturday evening and I had an exam to write on Monday…I wasn’t going to miss that…that would result in an extra year.
The doctor told me to rest some more and he would talk to me when Captain returned.

Deola was curious to know what happened which suggested that Captain didn’t tell her much. Why hide from someone that would wash your corpse…so I told her everything.
This one pass me o

I would advise treading with caution…especially since the wife knows about you.

It’s just a matter of time before she knows who you are and you don’t want her coming at you with all that she has.

Just get better and we’ll think of what to do once you are out of here
Deola stayed with me until Captain returned…he came with the maid and they brought me a homemade meal. He stood by my bed and was running his fingers through my hair while holding my right hand. I couldn’t look at him…the fear of his wife was stronger than the love I felt for him.

Deola left shortly after…
When the doctor finally talked to me, he said I had somehow put the pregnancy through a lot of stress and my blood pressure was off the charts when I was rushed in.
They had to do a Dilation and Evacuation to save me because I was bleeding like no man's business. He said he was sorry about the baby but glad that I pulled through.

He wanted to watch me for another 24 hours and I could leave the following day…he advised me to continue resting, even after leaving the hospital and that I should not worry if I experienced cramps, irregular bleeding and spotting for a couple of weeks and emotional reactions as these were part of normal recovery after the procedure.
I didn’t say anything but I cried…I cried a lot. At a point, Captain cried with me…he was holding and petting me, promising that everything would be alright.

He let me know that he found the mole in his house…the person that was giving his wife information about us. It was the gardener and was already being dealt with appropriately.
Apparently; Captain’s wife used him to keep a tab on Captain’s activities and used to call him while she was abroad.

So Captain’s wife knew when our relationship started and must have thought it  was just a fling but when it seemed to be getting serious, she decided to come back home and set things straight. It was also the gardener that told Captain’s wife I was there that night which made her show up.
Captain wanted to stay with me for the night but I begged him to let me be, as I needed to be by myself…I insisted, so he left and promised to be back in the morning. However, he let the maid stay…in case I needed anything.

Not long after he left, I called my mum and sister to tell them I had missed them and wanted to hear their voices...they could tell something was wrong with me. Sister Grace asked if she could come see me the next day, I declined and promised to be home immediately after my exams. Listening to myself, I knew I sounded really weak but I had to talk to them…I needed to feel some real, unconditional love.

I cried for the most part of the night and I was in so much pain…the analgesic drug wore off quickly but the nurses said I couldn’t take more than the recommended dosage.
I could hear the maid snoring off on the other bed in the room.

Out of having nothing to do, I turned the TV on and was browsing through channels…I saw a man preaching and the topic displayed on the screen caught my attention “God’s unconditional and encompassing love”. The text was Ephesians 3:18 (I can never forget it “And I pray that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to comprehend the length and width and height and depth of His love"). There was a Bible under the pillow at the hospital, I reached for it and followed along.

The man went ahead to explain the different dimensions of God’s love and how we didn’t need to do anything to qualify for it. How it’s freely given to all that would accept it.
How it’s wide enough to accommodate us…regardless of what we’ve done, even when we can’t love ourselves. How it’s deep enough to reach down and pick us up from inside our mess. The man then told his personal story and how God saved him when everyone else had turned their backs on him…even his family.

He also quoted Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool
The message resonated with me so much…then out of the blue, the Pastor said there was someone watching him from a hospital bed and had just lost a pregnancy. That God was ready to forgive the person for the things she did and heal her, spirit soul and body.

Long story short, right there on the hospital bed, I repeated the prayers on the TV and gave my life to Jesus. The preacher advised anyone that said the prayers to find a Bible believing church and fellowship with them.
I felt a rush of peace within and knew something had happened to me although I couldn’t explain it.
I was crying but it was different this time…they were tears of joy, like a burden was lifted off my head. Even the pain I was feeling went away just like that.

PART 18                                                                                                   PART 20


Picture Credit (c) crowdbuild
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental   

© 2017 Lanre Olagbaju All Rights Reserved







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wao! Kudos sir,3 piece within few days! That's very good, more power to ur elbow. It's a job well done. Thumps up!

Lanre Olagbaju said...

Thanks for your kind comment
Trying to end the story with 2017