Thursday, March 3, 2016

Holy Ghost Fire

If you are Nigerian/African, the phrase “Holy Ghost Fire” should ring a bell

We use it to ‘roast’ our enemies

We tell our enemies to “fall down and die” by it

We surround our lives with it, as a form of protection
------------------------------------------------
The most important thing that the Holy Ghost fire does is IN us

It CLEANSES, PURIFIES and REFINES

It “removes the dross from the silver, so the silversmith (God) can produce a vessel”

It “refines us like gold and silver. So we can bring a righteous offering to the LORD”.

The “Holy Ghost fire” shouldn’t just be a weapon you wield at ‘household wickedness’ (like we call them)

It is a tool to make us better Christians

Let your fire fall upon me O lord,

Let it burn in me

Let it purge away every dross in me

Let it refine me like silver and test me like gold. Then I will call on your name and You will answer me; You will say, “I am Yours”, and I will say, “The LORD is my God”

 

Picture Credit (c) youtube.com


© 2016 Lanre Olagbaju All Rights Reserved

No comments: